Organisation/Taxi Terms and Conditions
The ACROD Parking Program supports people with a severe walking restriction, whether temporary or permanent, to access their community.
To be eligible to use an Australian Disability Parking Permit the person in your vehicle must meet one of the following criteria:
- Unable to walk and always requires the use of a wheelchair; or
- Ability to walk is severely restricted by a permanent medical condition or disability; or
- Ability to walk is severely restricted by a temporary medical condition or disability.
Organisation/Taxi Responsibility: All staff and volunteers should be aware of the Australian Disability Parking Permit eligibility criteria. Only use an accessible parking ACROD bay when an eligible person is entering or exiting the vehicle.
Maintain a Log of Permit Use:
Organisation and taxi owner permit holders must maintain a record of allocated permits.
Keep Your Permits Safe:
When not in use permits must be stored in a secure location, such as a locked office. Do not leave permits in a vehicle when not in use, in unlocked vehicles, or with people who are not staff or volunteers.
Permit misuse is illegal and may result in an infringement and action can be taken to revoke the permit. Please remember:
- The permit is not transferable and can only be used by the organisation or taxi owner.
- It is illegal to reproduce, photocopy or tamper with permit in any way.
Replacing a permit:
Permits that have been lost, destroyed or stolen may be replaced. Download Lost Permit Statutory Declaration Form in PDF (.PDF) format